“the upside down” Week 6
8 HS flutter kicks (against wall)/ flutter kick in hollow hold (floor)
Spend remaining time going for PR in one of the following. Talk to coach about appropriate skill work for your goals.
- Max HS walk along course
- Max HS walk
- Max freestanding HS hold
- Best kick up to freestanding hold
- Max pike to headstand
- Max headstand hold
- Both V-ups and flutter kicks are controlled. Brace core as single heel comes off wall and find balance for a second before pulling back to midline
- The intent of the balance work is to find a stable position (at appropriate scale) and strive for your best effort. This is not a strength focus so avoid any pressing.
EMOM x 4:
10/7 cal row (10/7, 8/6)
5 HSPU (deficit HSPU, HSPU, pike pushups)
EMOM x 4:
5 toes-to-bar (T2B, hanging knee raises)
- Intent: Put your gymnastics skills to the test after quick bursts of cardio
- You won’t have a lot of time at the end of each minute, so choose a scale for each movement that allows you to keep moving
Accumulate 2 minutes in L-sit
- There are a number of options here: rings, rig, parallettes. Choose the best option for you.
- Scale to knee-raises or even hollow rock holds