SKILL: Toes To Bar
Work through the drill below with a partner
Take the drill to the rig and take about 10 minutes to work on kipping and efficiency.
- Todays skill work is focused on proper core tension and using lats to control the movement.
- Use the drill to learn toes to bar on the ground with active shoulders, then work on toes higher and higher to where they can still string reps together.
- Use this time as a warm up for the metcon and to establish appropriate scaling options.
E3MOM for 24 minutes:
Run 400m (scale to complete run in 2 min)
12 T2B (scale reps to 1-2 sets in 30 sec)
- Today’s metcon is about working on efficient toes to bar while you are tired.
- Your goal should be to have 30 seconds of rest every set and keep splits within 5 sec each round. Score is your slowest round
- The run should be scaled to distance that takes 2 minutes
- Toes to bar should be scaled down to what you can do in 1-2 sets in 30 seconds or less.
- The first 2-3 rounds should feel smooth and the last 3 rounds should be challenging